The garden is looking lush, but a lot of things have gone over a little bit and looking a bit tired.
Today I didn’t do a lot, mainly general maintenance.
- I tidied up the second batch of peas which didn’t do well. They went over and mildewy before even flowering. I replaced these with some of the brassica seedlings I had left over.
- I also mulched the Blueberries with some space ericaceous compost.
- I potted up the brassicas which had sprouted and had put up a couple of leaves. Hope to get them strong before the winter sets in.
- Tidied tied in my Blackberry bush which is going all over the place.
- I think Clematis ‘Ernest Markham’ looks like it has died. Should probably have planted it much deeper than I did.
- I sowed some winter veg. Old seeds of Spinach, Chard and Mizuna which I found in the shed. Not sure they’ll come up, but a couple might.
Lawn is looking great.