We had some good rain this week and all plants seem to be just ready to start. Very exciting.
Things completed this weekend:
- Planted my new rambling rose Rosa ‘Kew Rambler’ down in the dark corner.
- Planted the old Primula auricula ‘Lunar Eclipse’ in the new bottom bed.
- I added a bird table for the ground feeding birds to the left of the pond.
- Went to Powderham Garden Centre and bought a load of small pretty plants for the new bottom bed including: Primula victoria ‘Gold Lace’ (red), Primula victoria ‘Lilac Lace’, Primula vulgaris ‘Primlet Gold’, Anemone blanda, Anemone nemorosa.
- Also bought a nice little Blackcurrant Ribes nigrum ‘Ben Nevis’, which I put in a few days later in the lawn.
- Moved the weird Rubus occidentalis ‘Black Jewel’ from the shed and down to the back West fence.
- Planted another Rubus idaeus ‘Autumn Bliss’ in the raspberry bed.
- Planted some Muscari armeniacum ‘Big Smile’ from Morrisons.
- Re-planted my Astilbe ‘Darwin’s Dream’ and Phlox paniculata ‘Blue Paradise’ in the bottom bed.
- Bought some more Fritillaria meleagris to boost numbers in the woodland bed.
- Potted up my overwintered Dahlias. Dahlia ‘David Howard’, Dahlia ‘Caribbean Fantasy’, Dahlia ‘Tartan’ and Dahlia ‘Strawberry Ice’.
- Potted up some Zantedeschia ‘Mango’ bulbs. They’ve overwintered without any problems and should do well.