The first week of “autumn” proper. We got on with tidying up the patio and other things generally. A lovely sunny day, but a chill wind.
Got on with a lot including:
- Planted up the Brassicas and winter lettuce which I grew from seed a few weeks ago. They’ve done well and are growing strongly.
- Cleared out the Chard which had got massive recently.
- Planted out the Chinese cabbage and Cabbages which I potted on a few weeks ago. They had a lovely root system and should do well. Planted out in the right hand bed.
- Weeded the Lawn and dressed it with some Topsoil. Trying out my new Top Dresser.
- Got a delivery from the RHS Plant Shop of a lot of Bulbs which I’ve had my eye on.
- Planted out 75 Crocus tommasinianus ‘Whitewell Purple’ in the lawn.
- Planted out 20 Camassia quamash in the lower meadow section.
- Planted out 3 Colchicum autumnale ‘Album’ in the front of my Main border. Labelled them with some sticks.
- Planted up a pot of Narcissus ‘Thalia’ in a white pot for the Spring.
- The cuttings I took a couple of weeks ago seem to be doing OK. Except for the Rosemary, which looks knackered.
- Went to Dobies off the M6 at Gloucester and bought some interesting Bulbs to plant up, including Hyacinthus orientalis ‘Gipsy Queen’, Crocus olivieri ‘Orange Monarch’ and planted these up in the square pot on the Patio.
- Planted some Snakes Head Fritillies (Fritillaria meleagris) down in the Woodland bed. Should hopefully look nice.